Are You One In The Know?
Listen to these words from Psalms 37:39-40: But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble. And the LORD shall help them and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.
In the first 2 verses of Psalms 37 David said; Fret not thyself because of evildoers; neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Here David was saying don’t be angry about, or jealous of evil in the world because God is in Charge.
As it relates to our daily experience in life the Good News for all disciples of Jesus Christ is that our God is still in Charge. Regardless of what we hear and see with our five senses, God is still in charge of our world and He will have the last say so.
What the Psalmist said centuries ago is applicable to us today;
But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble. And the LORD shall help them and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.
Who is the Psalmist talking about? “The People Who Know”
In verses 22-40 David talks about “The People Who Know” that “God is In Charge” because they have put their complete trust and confidence in the Lord who gives then strength and courage.
Being a person who knew that God is in charge as a result of his own personal experiences with God, David gives us some really encouraging thoughts.
- In verse 23 he tells us, “The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD; and he delighted in his way.” David is saying to us that if the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm and if he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD will upholds him with his hand.
- In verse 25 David says, “I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.” As a result, they are able to be generous with their gifts and loans to others, and their children are a blessing.
As we reflect on the world we live in today with its social, moral, political, and cultural tensions and the problems associated with them it’s good to know, we have an anchor in in God, through Jesus Christ, to hold us steady in our changing turmoil and chaos.
People Who Know God is in Charge several comment denominators
People who know that God is in charge are people like the Apostle Paul, are able to testify to the fact that “God’s grace is sufficient.” We become the righteous of the Lord upon receiving Jesus Christ in our life as the Lord and Savior. Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 1:30 and 11 Corinthians 5:20-21 that through because of our faith in Jesus Christ who saved us from our sinful nature and justified us we are reconciled with God and we are now in right relationship with GOD. That’s good news because it means that we can be at peace with God in spite of our sins of the past and when we sincerely repent for our daily shortcoming. That’s what makes his grace sufficient.
The people who know that God is in Charge, are not only righteous and confident in the Lord but they are filled with the joy of the Lord regardless situation or condition. When all is well, they got joy. If all is not so well, they still have joy.
In the 16th chapter of Acts, the Apostle Paul and Silas were locked up in prison because they preached Jesus crucified, dead, and buried and risen the third day against the will of the Jews and the Romans.
Because Paul and Silas knew that God was still in charge, while they were in prison they started singing, praying, and praising God. The bible says that about midnight an earthquake came and shook loose their shackles and fetters.
In a situation like that not everybody would praise God. In fact, some Christians would have considered their situation and would have been depressed. Maybe even angry with God; and some people would have been ready to throw in the towel of faith and give up on God.
Life may really be rough sometime but as people who know that God is still in charge, we have to just say Hallelujah any how!!! and keeping on keeping on. Praising the name of the Lord as we go... and as we praise, we keep on working in the kingdom of God with joy and determination.
People who know That God is still in charge will trust God’s Word in the midst of a lying world.
I am encouraged and have learned much from the biblical stories of Abraham, Moses, Joshua, and Gideon who took the Lord at His Word and found that God was true to his Word. These men were not perfect, but they trusted the God and God use and bless them.
1. In a world where values, morals and mores continue to change down the corridors of time we should thank God for the Bible that has been a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path.
2. It’s is our personal guide to knowing Gods will for our life’s and the people in the know" realize that they can’t go wrong living by the Word of the Lord.
3. God's Word not only keeps us in tune with the Will of God, but it assures us that it is not God's will for us to live worried lives.
I believe that one of devil’s greatest weapons is fear. People who know that God’s in charge can eventually overcome fear and fined the courage to stand on the truth and reality of God’s Word.
1. Jesus told His disciples in John that they had to continue in His word so they could know what was right and be free from fear, ignorance, and excuses.
2. The many Christians seem to have forgotten and the world really doesn’t care that the devil is a liar and that his aim is to keep the people of God in fear. Fear of our finances, our health, our family life and denomination and whatever else he so desires.
But “The People Who Know,” can rejoice and relate to Paul when he wrote in Romans 8:31-32, “If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?”
Finally, “The People Who Know,” that God is in Charge are those who can face God’s truth and yield to it.
Many people know right from wrong. Many people know the fundamentals of Christianity. They know that the wages of sin is death and the gift of God is everlasting life.
- They know that the Bible says seek ye first the kingdom of God and its righteousness and all other things will fall into place.
- They know that we are to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength and our neighbors as our self.
The truth is many people know the truth and will of God but will not yield to it in their personal lives.
The beautiful thing about Knowing God is in Charge is knowing how he reveals himself to us, how he inspires us, how he encourages us when we open our hearts and our lives to him fully.
Are you one in the know?
Rev. Russell M. Morrow