A Framework For Building Your Life on A Strong Foundation

A Framework for Living Life Well In A World of Chaos

By Rev. Dr. Russell M. Morrow



As a young pastor with a young wife and three young children, stairstepped in age, from October 9th to November 15th  I was striving to be a faithful man of  God, growing in His Word and appreciating his gift of grace in Jesus Christ.

The relevant question for me then was how to take care of my family, fulfill my responsibilities, and be all God would have me to be. As a child growing up in my childhood church in Jamacia, New York, I learned the story of Jesus, and I believed, but as a young adult, I needed the story of Jesus to make applicable sense in our daily lives.

As I read and studied the scriptures about the life of Jesus, his mission, Luke 4:18, his teachings beginning with the Sermon on the Mount, Matthew 5-7, his mission work, Acts 10:34-39 and his loving faithfulness to God, Matthew 26:36-46, I found what I was looking for.

In addition, I came across a book by Denis Kimbro and Napoleon Hill titled Think and Grow Rich. The book was about achieving wealth, but its focus was not on money and success alone.

The book resonated with me because it addressed core values of character, responsibility, ethical and moral values that sustain character and commitment. I was able to draw from Kimbro's seven attributes of a wealthy life what I believed aligned with good's will for my life.

I called them "A Framework for Livng Well in This World of Chao"

The Frame 1.   Salvation / Peace of Mind

2.   Health and Strength

3.   For love and respect

4.   Godly wisdom guides my knowledge and understanding

5.   A work ethic that yields the ability to produce and provides

6.   Purpose of life.

7.   Opportunity to fulfill "purpose" in life.

This is an excellent framework for living life. But there can only be a good framework with a good foundation.

The Foundation

Anyone who comes and listens to me and obeys me is like someone who dug down deep and built a house on solid rock. When a flood came, and the river rushed against the house, it was built so well that it didn't shake. But anyone who hears what I say and doesn't obey me is like someone whose home wasn't built on solid rock. As soon as the river rushed against that house, it was smashed to pieces! Luke 6.47-49

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Year Greeting from Russell & Elaine Morrow

Get A Piece of the Rock