Framework for Living Life Well In A World of Chaos Matthew 7:24-29

Framework for Living Life Well In A World of Chaos   

Matthew 7:24-29

 In 1992 as a young pastor, with a young wife and three very young children who were stair-stepped in age from October 9th to November 15th, I was a man of faith in God, His Word, and his gift of grace in Jesus Christ.

The relevant question for me at that time was is how will I take care of my family, and fulfill my responsibilities and be all that God would have me to be?

I looked to the word of God and fell in love with the story of Jesus and the call of ministry that was on his life and the validation God gave to Mary in Luke. and the validation he gave to Jesus his mother and to Jesus

In addition, I came across a book by Denis Kimbro and Napoleon Hill: titled, Think and Grow Rich. It was achieving wealth but its focus was not based on money and wealth alone.

The book resonated with me because it addressed core values of character and responsibility and ethical and moral values that sustain character and responsibility.’

So, the bible and this book were my go too resources to build a meaningful and purposeful life for my family. As I read the book, I was compelled to find connections between what was in the book and what was in the bible.

In retrospect, I was looking for that connection so that I would know and understand what it means well to live well in this world of chaos where Christ has all our solutions. This has become my working definition of wisdom, to take what I know and understand and filter it through lenses of God’s Word, God’s Love, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. All made possible to us through God’s gift of grace in Jesus Christ.

The thing that clearly resonated with me was Kombo’s take on the components of a wealthy life. He lists and discusses seven attributes of a wealthy life, but what the Wisdom of God showed me from this list were components of a fruitful life. A Fruitful life as a protégés of Jesus. The Lord showed me that the significance of these components had a significance that goes far beyond the wealth of the world, money, and material things.

Kimbro’s seven elements of wealth saw the elements for building a framework for life.

The Frame

·       For Salvation / Peace of Mind

·       For Health and strength

·       For love and respect

·       For your wisdom that Guides my knowledge and understanding

·       For a work ethic that yields the ability to produce and provides

·       For the Purpose of life, you have given me.

·       For the opportunity to fulfill your purpose be for the night comes when no person can work

I found this to be a great framework for living life.

The Foundation

Then I considered what Jesus said In Mathew 7:24-29

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

This struck a chord with me because, no matter how you frame your life or reframe your life after going through a storm of your making or the making of forces outside of you, you must still build your house on a strong foundation

When Jesus said these sayings of mine, he was speaking about everything the heavenly father told and taught him.  Listen to what Jesus said In John 8:31-33

31So He said to the Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, you are truly My disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” 33“We are Abraham’s descendants,” they answered. “We have never been slaves to anyone. How can You say we will be set free?” …You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

Life happens and it is filled with a lot of chaos.

Chaos is complete disorder and confusion.

Synonyms: disorder, disarray, disorganization, confusion, mayhem, bedlam, pandemonium,

madness, havoc, turmoil, and the list go on. When you put the framework of your life on the strong foundation of Jesus Christ, the storms of life can huff and puff and you may be battered and bruised, victimized, and abused, but you will stand strong through it all.

Andre Crouch said through it all….

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house, and it fell: and great was the fall of it.  28 And it came to pass when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:  Teaching the will of God 29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes

The Truth that Keeps the House Standing Though It All

I thank you for making know to me the power of reaping and sowing and its application when it comes to justice, mercy, humility, forgiveness faith, hope, and above all love.

I thank you for your gift of grace to us in the person of Jesus who as:

The bread of life who sustains with spiritual provisions that this world cannot fulfill, John 6:35

The light of the world who leads me out and away from temptation, evil, and darkness that would otherwise consume my soul. John 8:12.

The door of the sheep protects and leads his flock away from those who theologies, philosophies, morality, justice, teaching, and preaching of those who seem godly, but who the quintessential wolf dressed in sheep’s clothing and leads us to an existence of inner peace. The peace that weathers the storms of life. John 10:7-9

The good shepherd whose act of prohibition gave me saved my soul when I listened to words he left behind for me to hear. Therefore allowing me to live well in this world of chaos. John 10:11, 14

The resurrection and the life. Who delivered me from the ranks of the walking dead and released me from those things that bound to the ranks of the walking dead? John 11:25

The truth and the life Showed me a more excellent way to live, taught me the truth that set me free, and guides me on the path to life eternal.

The true vine, that continues to keep me connected you Oh God so that I may bear fruit for in your kingdom here on earth as it in Heaven.

Thank you for allowing me to work in your kingdom.

Thank you for allowing me the power to work in me.

Thank you for allowing me to bring glory to you through the fruitfulness of my life.

In Jesus Name I pray Amen

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Year Greeting from Russell & Elaine Morrow

Get A Piece of the Rock

A Framework For Building Your Life on A Strong Foundation